To configure Outlook 2007/2010 for your Gmail address:
- Enable POP in your email account. Don’t forget to click Save Changes when you’re done.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings…
- On the E-mail tab, click New…
- If you are prompted to Choose E-mail Service, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages. Email Address: Enter your full Gmail email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format username@your_domain.com. Password: Enter your email password.
Manually configure server settings or additional server types: Leave this option unchecked if you want to automatically configure Outlook 2007/2010. If you want to manually configure Outlook 2007/2010, check this box now. Google Apps users should configure manually as follows.
- Click Next. If you are configuring Outlook 2007/2010 automatically, you’re done! Just click Finish.
- If you are configuring Outlook 2007/2010 manually, select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Verify your User Information, and enter the following additional information:
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com (Google Apps users, enter the server names provided, don’t add your domain2 name in these steps)
Outgoing mail server3 (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: Enter your Gmail username (including @gmail.com). Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format username@your_domain.com
Password: Enter your email password.
Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): Leave this option unchecked.
- Click the More Settings… button, and select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming Server (POP3). Enter 995 in the ‘Incoming Server’ box.
- In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, enter 587, and select TLS from the drop-down menu next to Use the following type of encrypted connection:.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings… After receiving ‘Congratulations! All tests completed successfully’, click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.